The initial design process began mid April 2018. At this time, no neighbouring lots had broken ground on their properties as this was a brand new lot.
The client was concerned about drainage and neighbouring properties.
The main function of the yard was to accommodate an entertaining features, space for soccer and activities, and a dog area, while still providing low maintenance space that looked tidy.
- Maintain contemporary style while highlighting/showcasing the clients concrete work
- Installing pre-emergent herbicide over the soil prior to installing the bark mulch to keep the weed growth down
- Space needed to be very low maintenance with minimal lawn mowing and tidy appearance
- Addressing and fixing drainage issues
- An instant landscape with large trees
- Water feature in the front yard to fall with the grade
- Create large usable space where kids can play soccer & activities
- Outdoor kitchen & screen room
- Big deck & sitting area
- Sunken fire pit area with a permeable base
- Artificial turf
- Irrigation & lighting
- Dog area